Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God's Happy Song

Zephaniah 3:17 - "For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Over and over the Bible reminds me that God is near. Yet frequently I think of God as being very far away. This verse has been one of my favorites for a long time because of the imagery of God singing a song over me. Imagine that! An incredible picture! And how I need God's love that calms my fears. One of my greatest fears is the fear of failure. God's love can conquer that. His love for me doesn't depend on my performance. His song can quiet my soul. I pray that my life will sing God's song and not my own.

No comments: