Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God's Word

In the book of Isaiah God says,  “My word will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I have sent it.”  Ken Gire writes in Windows of the Soul, “Like rain and snow, the word of God permeates the earth…everywhere we look there are traces of His Word. In history. In the circumstances of our lives. In every nook of humanity and every crannied flower of creation.” On a missions trip to Mozambique I learned that everything I do or say says something about who God is. I learned to be faithful to the tasks God called me to do. God is present in the village all the time – not just when a missions team  is there. I pray that His Word and His Light will shine brightly so many in the village will have a living relationship with Him. And I pray that His Light will shine brightly in me.

No comments: