Monday, September 29, 2008

My Help

Psalm 121 (HCSB)
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, 
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip'
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
The LORD protects you;
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by ay,
or the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

This weekend I attended the leadership training meeting for Mission Trip Team Leaders. I can hardly believe that I am going to be the Team Leader for the spring trip to Mozambique. I sat in our meeting Saturday morning thinking, "Lord! How did I get here? I don't feel qualified. It's a huge responsibility!" As I went to bed Saturday night, I began to worry and fret. But God brought the words from this Psalm to my mind, and they were like a blanket of peace over me as I slept. And yesterday's sermon reminded me that God IS, and He is and will be all I need. So, today I begin the work, remembering the words of this Psalm. "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth!"

"'Take courage and work, for I am with you,' says the Lord Almighty. 'My Spirit remains among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid." Haggai 2:4-5 (NLT)

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin..." Zechariah 4:10 (NLT)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... looks like we're learning the same things in different ways. :-)

Love you!