Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mozambique Acrostic

I used this acrostic for the devotions for our first Mozambique team meeting. (I guess that means I am going to Mozambique in May) I started the acrostic last year when I was praying about the opportunity to go to Mozambique.

Making the Decision – Does God want me to do this?. My fears: how will I raise the money? Will I be able to do what I am asked to do? It’s so far away!

Offering Myself to God –  Romans 12:1-2MSG – So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him. 

Zeroing in on the Mission – David Livermore:  “Missions – short term, long term, overseas, next door – is about giving people a living picture of who God is, what He cares about, and how He acts.”

 Colossians 2:2-3 – “My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Amy Carmichael: “Can you show us the life of Jesus?”

Asking God to equip me – Pray Psalm 25:4-5  – Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths, guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Mirror Christ’s glory – 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NLT) – “….we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.”  Lord, I want to sparkle with the delight of knowing you and to brightly reflect your glory.

Believe God’s Promises – Make a list. Psalm 18:30-31 – As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection. For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock?

Imitate Christ. Be humble, be a servant, be willing to receive. Philippians 2.

Quietly trust God  - Philippians 4:19 – “My God who takes care of me will supply ALL your needs from His glorious riches which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”

Undergird Everything with Prayer – Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Expect God to Work – Praise the Lord that we don’t have to do it on our own. “The One Who calls you is faithful and He will do it.”

 I Thessalonians 5:25

1 comment:

Julie Ackerman Link said...

I LOVE this! I'm so glad you're doing it. I've been wondering if you had made a decision yet about Mozambique. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to read your mind. :) I also love the name. Very clever!