Monday, February 18, 2008

Prayer for Today

My sister sent me this prayer today. I think it comes from one of Phyllis Tickle's Books of the Hours. When she sends me the title, I'll post it.

O Lord my God, to you and to your service I devote myself, body, soul, and spirit. Fill my memory with the record of your mighty works; enlighten my understanding with the light of your Holy Spirit; and may all the desires of my heart and will center in what you would have me do. Make me an instrument of your salvation for the people entrusted to my care, and let me by my life and speaking set forth your true and living Word. Be always with me in carrying out the duties of my salvation; in praises heighten my love and gratitude; in speaking of You give me readiness of thought and expression; and grant that, by the clearness and brightness of your holy Word, all the world may be drawn to your blessed kingdom. All this i Ask for the sake of your Son, my Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: